About Us

Branch’s Baptist Church was organized in 1814 as a mission of the Chesterfield Baptist Church (not the present day CBC) until May 10, 1828, when it was constituted as a separate church. The original name of the church was “The Baptist Church of Christ at Hephzibah” although records show that it was often referred to as “Branch’s Meeting House”. The name was officially changed to Branch’s Baptist Church on July 8, 1838. In June 1912 the church decided to build a brick house of worship due to the bad condition of the old wood building. The new sanctuary was furnished with the help of neighboring churches in 1914. The current sanctuary was built in 1948 with various wings added over the years.

Vision

Mission

To passionately worship God in order to see the world through the eyes of God,

to love with the heart of Jesus, and to work by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Being led by the Holy Spirit, we will demonstrate God’s love through:

· Worship - We will honor and glorify God through praise, prayer, and communion with Him.

· Witness - We will reach out and share the Good News of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ with all people.

· Ministry - We will strive to meet the spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of our church community and the world.

· Discipleship - We will guide believers to grow toward Christian maturity in all areas of life through Bible study and Christian training.

Home     About Us     Contact Us     Ministries     Publications     Calendar     Links